So I wrote a function to parent IK Handles under a shape and after the parent there was no IK handle and it didn’t work.
Autodesk documentation says the the return is a string, but it is actually a list.
It turns out that what is returned in an IkHandle() command is both the handle and the effector, In that order. So if you want that to work you have to specify the handle:
- joint1 = cmds.joint(position = (0,0,-1))
- joint2 = cmds.joint(position = (0,0,0))
- controlShape = cmds.circle()
- newIKHandle = cmds.ikHandle(startJoint = str(joint1), endEffector = str(joint2))
- cmds.parent(newIKHandle, controlShape)